Botox and Fillers
Interested in Botox or Fillers?
What is Botox® Cosmetic?
Botox® Cosmetic is prescribed medicine that is a simple, nonsurgical treatment administered by professionals into the forehead, in between the eyebrows and into the crow’s feet around the eyes to relax the underlying muscles and smooth wrinkles with no downtime.
How does it work?
When injected, Botox® Cosmetic blocks the chemical signs from the nerve to the muscle and temporarily prohibits the muscle’s capacity to contract and create wrinkles. This relaxes and smooths the underlying muscles and wrinkles with no downtime, beginning within four to seven days of the injection. Repeat injections are necessary every three to five months to maintain the wrinkle-free appearance. Botox® Cosmetic has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates.
Where can Botox® Cosmetic be used?
Most common areas include:
- The forehead
- Between the eyebrows
- In the crow’s feet
Other areas include:
- The marionette lines which cause one’s lips to have a downturned appearance
- The chin to help with excessive dimpling
- The upper and lower lips to reduce smoker’s lines
- Under the nose to fix the “gummy smile”
- In the neck to soften the bands or ridges we often see as we age
- Underarms, scalp and/or feet to aid in sweating and malodorous feet
- In the masseter muscle to narrow the lower face and help alleviate TMJ pain
- Botox® Cosmetic has even been linked to reducing migraine headaches and easing depression.
How Many Botox Units Are Needed?
It is difficult to give Botox pricing over the phone. When someone says they want a price for their forehead – do they mean the frown lines (11's) AND the forehead creases? The best way to give an exact price is for the provider to see you in person and determine what you need. But the second best way to get a price is to show you the most common Botox treatment scenarios and the prices for each.
Forehead - 12 to 20 units
Frown lines (11's) - 12 to 20 units
Crow's Feet - 12 to 20 units
If you have questions about Botox® Cosmetic or would like to set up a consultation to discuss your options for FILLERS or BOTOX, please give us a call at 360-577-6956. Or set up a consultation online.